Friday, September 30, 2005

Well, this is my first post on my new blog - and I have to say I'm pretty excited about it. I recently attended an Artists Retreat up in Buena Vista, CO. It was wonderfully relaxing, and happily, my writing spirit took over and I wrote two and a half poems and a short story...this is impressive for me since I haven't written that much since my second husband Ric got sick...now here I am, re-married, step-mother to two wonderful pre-teens and mother to one rambunctious three year old.
I want this blog to be a sounding board for my writing, but I also want it to be a Q & A for parenting issues, and marriage issues....how to deal with both in a Christian way...because seriously, folks, I need help...sometimes I get so frustrated I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I feel like a failure at all three, motherhood, step-motherhood and wife-hood. Not to mention a job that has me pulling my hair out by the roots. The ironic thing is that my husband is very supportive of everything I do...but if I'm so wonderful, why did my three year old BITE someone at daycare - why do I feel like my stepchildren feel like we've abandoned them, and why do I feel like I'm not giving my husband the physical relantionship he wants...and how, dear readers - whoever you are - how do I find the time with all that stress to write the "Great American Novel"? I was so proud of myself for writing so much during the retreat - even more so - that I even WENT to the retreat...if it hadn't been for the love and support of not only my husband, but also the leaders of the writers group I belong to, I know I wouldn't have gone...I'm so glad I did - it was literally a life-changing experience..not just for the worship - although for a new Christian like me it was awesome - and not even for the inspiration that got me writing again...but I made several new friends that are very dear to me.
Well - that's enough for a first blog I think....I look forward to seeing if anyone has any advice or comments - like I said - I don't know if I'm doing this right..
Good night!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:40:00 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Hey you ARE writing, you're a writer. I love it! You are on the right track, I sense your heart and humility. Your wanting the advice of others shows your teachable spirit. I'm happy to be along for the ride. Keep posting those blogs.

 
At Monday, October 10, 2005 9:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Tiffany. You are a writer, so please keep writing. There is no one else like you!
God will use your unique experiences to shape you and others in the process.
I thank God that the retreat inspired you, and pray that you'd continue to find encouragement--and keep writing, blogging, and living life to the fullest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home